A Forklift Driver maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; packing orders according to client specifications and staging finished product.
Forklift Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, tubs, racks and shelves
- Load materials into vehicles; inspect vehicles for proper shipping conditions
- Unload materials from vehicles, inspect deliveries and shipments for accuracy and damage and prepare proper documents
- Locate stock. Count, weigh and record number of units of material moved, handled, or shipped.Prep materials for shipment by palletizing, banding, wrapping and labeling shipments.
- Pick and package finished products per work orders
- Enter data in warehouse ERP system, update records and file documents, electronically and manually, and prepare/distribute reports, as required
- Maintain clean area by sweeping or mopping.
- Comply with all departmental safety and sanitation requirements
- Convey materials to proper storage area.
- Rotate stock as needed. Optimize space utilization.
- Operate industrial sit-down fork truck or electric pallet jack to move materials and products.
Forklift Driver Qualifications
- Must have at least 1 year of related Forklift Driver experience
- Ability to operate sit-down fork truck
- Possess basic computer skills
- Knowledge of GMP, safety, sanitation and Hazardous Materials per DOT requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from drivers, other production-related departments (i.e. Customer Service) and co-workers in a tactful manner
- Proficient in math
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a cool environment